1. Check the link to the left entitled Prerequisites & Endorsement Areas to determine if you qualify.
2. Be sure to check the Schedule link for deadlines.
3. If you have not done so, schedule and take the VCLA and Praxis II assessments (keeping deadlines in mind).
4. Open the link to the right entitled Fill-in Adobe PDF Application. Carefully read and follow directions.
5. Submit your complete application packet as directed. Please note that a copy of passing Praxis II scores and passing VCLA scores must be submitted with your application. Requests to send scores directly from the testing agency to individual colleges do not insure receipt of these scores. Suggestion: Have test scores sent directly to students' home address and send a copy of the scores when submitting the application.
Your application will be reviewed to:
- verify your Bachelor’s degree and GPA
- verify your work experience using work verification forms which are a part of the application form (resume does not verify work experience)
- verify your VCLA and Praxis II scores and ensure they meet the Virginia Department of Education's qualifying scores for your endorsement area.
- check for coursework that may qualify you for additional endorsement(s)
- assess your professional essay
- You may not be accepted if you currently have a Provisional License or expired Provisional License from the VDOE or if you have held a teaching license in any other state.
You will receive notification of the status of your application near the application deadline date for the cohort for which you apply.
Attending Site List
Report on Experience